Looking to Do a Home Renovation? Need Cash? Consider a Conventional Homestyle Loan. Lee Smith Has Options for You.
Our Clients Gain An Average Equity Position of 18% After A Renovation Loan.
The Conventional Renovation Loan Empowers You To Own More Of Your Home.
U.S. Mortgage Corporation’s Renovation Division Can Help You Do Just That.
Eligible properties include primary residences, second homes, and investment properties.
- Condominiums (Renovation improvements are limited to the interior of the unit)
- Single-Family Residences (Attached homes, detached homes, and town homes)
- One-to-Two Multifamily Unit Properties
- Second Home Residences (Single unit only – attached homes, detached homes, or town homes)
- Investment Properties (Attached homes, detached homes, and town homes. Loan amount cannot exceed $424,100).
Eligible improvements are unlimited, generally-speaking, meaning that any type of attached home repair or improvement is acceptable. Adding a detached garage, finishing a basement, and adding a second floor are all examples of qualified improvements under the homestyle loan program. A licensed state general contractor is required to complete the work.
The Following Repairs Can be Financed:
• Modernization and improvements to the home’s function
• Elimination of health and safety hazards
• Changes that improve appearance and eliminate obsolescence
• Reconditioning or replacing plumbing; installing a well and/or septic system
• Adding or replacing roofing, gutters, and downspouts
• Adding or replacing floors and/or floor treatments
• Major landscape work and site improvements
• Enhancing accessibility for a disabled person
• Making energy conservation improvements
• Redesigning floor plans, adding bathrooms
• Almost any repairs is eligible
Contact Lee Smith And Schedule A Consultation Appointment Today.
How Does The Conventional Homestyle Loan Work?
The homestyle renovation loan permits borrowers to include financing for home improvements in a purchase or refinance transaction of an existing home all within one mortgage. The homestyle renovation loan provides a convenient way for borrowers to make renovations, repairs, or improvements, rather than a second mortgage, home equity line of credit, or other, more costly financing method.
The minimum down payment is 5% down for conforming loan amounts ($424,100) and minimum 10% down on high balance loan amounts ($636,150+). Renovation costs are limited to 50% of the “as-completed” appraised value of the home. Renovation costs may include:
- Labor and materials
- Soft costs (architect fees, permits, licenses)
- Contingency Reserve (10% of the cost of labor, materials, and soft costs for unforeseen extra costs in the renovation).
- A payment reserve of up to six months PITI is permitted when the borrower must vacate the property during the renovation. The amount can be financed in the loan amount if the value will support such financing. The reserve is allowed only for the period in which the property is uninhabitable due to the renovations.
Contact Lee for your conventional home-style loan needs at (301) 509-9437, or fill out our contact form below.